Tip of the Month – 10 Ways to Slow Down
Has your routine become too complicated and hectic?
Does the drudgery of daily life leave you feeling like you are skimming the surface of an experience?
Here’s a list of 10 easy ways to slow down and add a bit of consciousness to your life. Incorporating even a couple of these tips can start you down a simpler path that will benefit both mind and body.
1. Go on foot. Walk to the store instead of driving.
2. Consciously plan and spend some time alone. Make this time a regular date with yourself and keep the appointment.
3. Simplify your belongings. Go through your bookshelf or a drawer and put aside everything you don’t use, everything you don’t love. Then donate it to the needy.
4. Take the phone off the hook and turn off the television.
5. Meditate for 10 minutes every day. Focus on your breath, or a word that centers your thoughts, or just sit quietly with your eyes closed and see what happens.
6. Plant something. Take a lesson from childhood: dirt feels good in hands, period. Fill a window box with bulbs, or plant some potted herbs, or a row of flowers in front of the house. The effort is just as enjoyable as the result itself.
7. Take a nap.
8. Cook a simple soup dinner for a friend. Enjoy the soup and your friend.
9. Kindly say “No” every now and then to tasks and invitations you truly haven’t the time or the energy for.
10. Relax by listening to music or my Stress Reduction CD at bedtime.
Dr. Bunny Vreeland, Ventura County Hypnotherapist. Dr. Bunny Vreeland serves Camarillo, Oxnard ,Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Ojai, Moorpark and Santa Paula, California. Bunny Vreeland provides hypnotherapy solutions for weight loss, smoking cessation, IBS, fibromyalgia, stress relief, and more.
Dr. Bunny Vreeland can be reached at (805) 482-8111 or e-mail Bunny@BunnyVreeland.com
Copyright © 2014 by Bunny Vreeland. All rights reserved.